A lot of us have switched to gyms to maintain a healthy body. While going to the gym is one of the easiest ways to a get a more toned body, but it is also one of the most painful ones, especially when you are just starting out. This is so because as our bodies are not used to strenuous activities and need take time to acclimatize. Remember the first week of exercising, almost every inch of your body is screaming of pain. And this happens every time you start a new exercise routine. At such a juncture, a massage can help you make the most of your work out by easing your pain and improving flexibility. Now if you are wondering how can massage help you after a workout, let us break it down for you:
Top 5 Benefits of Massage After Workout
1. Massage helps you recover better after your workout sessions
Massage is absolutely essential for women who work out on a regular basis. We generally tend to ignore the post workout therapy and the impact it has on our body. Working out daily can leave you with:
- Tensed muscles
- Doing the bench-press or the hack squat machine everyday can give you some sore muscles and limbs. It’s vital you get the pain areas treated before they turn into any major problem.
- Stiff Back
- You might have noticed that the crunches and the dumbbells you do make your back a little stiff. This is because your muscles are trying to get into shape and since there is a certain amount of exertion involved, it leads to a stiff back.
- Sore muscles
- Some areas of your muscles might feel sore and painful. This is generally because of the lactic acid which is produced as a byproduct of muscle metabolism. This can get accumulated in your muscles and cause a certain level of irritation and pain. This state is commonly termed as delayed onset muscle soreness or DOMS.
Massage can help immensely by restoring your flexibility and treating your sore and painful areas.
2. Massage improves your flexibility
All the stiffness and the temporary feeling of immobility can be washed away after taking a single seating of body massage. We have summarized a few massage therapies and their benefits for you to understand their benefits better:
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Works on your upper back, lower back, sore shoulders, painful legs by realigning the deeper layers of your muscles and connective tissues.
- Swedish massage Therapy
- Swedish massage is the perfect massage therapy for people who work out a lot. This therapy works on your muscles and relieves you of any pain or tension in your body.
- Thai massage
- You can also opt for the Thai massage which gently works on your body to release the pain and muscle soreness. The therapist makes use of a pointed stone and her fingers to realign all the pressure points in your body. Some amount of stretching is also involved which leaves you completely relaxed.
- Aromatherapy Massage
- This therapy makes use of essential oils which cures your pain by relieving your senses and creating a calming effect.
- Head and Foot Reflexology Therapy
- Head and Foot reflexology works on your acupressure points and relieves the pain from all organs and nerves.
It is imperative to mention the advantages body massage has on your blood circulation. The kneading and coaxing strokes and use of pointed stones and fingers on your body boosts your blood circulation and also might release any accidental clots and blockages you might have incurred.